As the Fall weather is changing in NY I find myself digging out my favorite cardigans from the back of the closet . I love the button up sweaters whether they are new or a vintage one I bought years ago. My closet has a row of them in many colors to match my outfits.
Here's some reasons I wear Cardigans:
1. A cardigan helps me take my sleeveless tops into the Fall. If it's cold in the morning I pop a cardigan over a summer top and then when the Fall weather decides it's hot in the afternoon I take the sweater off.
2. Cardigans are versatile. They can look casual for work, then add a beautiful pin or scarf and you're ready to go out.
3. They can jazz your outfit up with a pop of color or blend in with a muted or neutral color. Mix and match - sweaters are fun to play with.
4. Cardigans are my favorite for traveling. The thin ones fold or roll into a suitcase and can be used to layer and change up your outfit to give you different looks.
5. It's just so darn 1950s ! What says the 50s more than a cardigan over a peter pan collar blouse. Add a sweater guard and I'm set for the day. Oh, and I usually add a skirt and flats.
Here's my favorite Yellow Cardigan from the 50's. It brightens up my day !
Check out our vintage inspired cardigans in our Fall Favorites Section